Energy Raters of Massachusetts is a HERS Provider that specifically caters to Independent HERS Raters working in Massachusetts.
As a HERS Provider, Energy Raters of Massachusetts will create and support many new jobs and businesses for new HERS Raters and others in the construction industry in the following ways:
- Be a resource for potential HERS Raters who aim to enter the business either by joining an existing MA HERS Rater Company or starting their own MA HERS Rating Company.
- Certify new HERS Raters through an exacting evaluation of each rater candidate’s field work and energy modeling.
- Provide additional training for potential HERS Raters who have not mastered all of the skills to the extent required for certification.
- Provide on-going Quality Assurance of HERS Raters’ field work and energy modeling.
- Provide on-going MA specific training for continuing education of HERS Raters.
- Coordinate and train and collaborate with associated professions such as builders, realtors, architects, developers, HVAC contractors, insulation contractors and building inspectors.